Friday 27 June 2008

Dries Van Noten: s/s 09


C: Very average show from Van Noten, although we're told it's all about touch not look. This isn't the braille olympics, it's fashion. Feed. My. Eyes. Lots of black teamed with navy, which I love, and a nice detail was the small, soft rounded collar on shirts. But the bodybag jumpsuit in hurt-your-eyes fabric?!

A: Although it may seem like a jump suit, its actually a shirt and trousers, whoever styled that look needs to be banned from the a/w 10' runways. Period. On the whole though, in my opinion this was one of Dries' stronger collections in the past few seasons. There was a lot of beautiful soft tailoring and some gorgeous coats. The navy satin single breasted mac made me jump for my wallet, only to realise I am one of the rif raff...

No comments: